There are a few different volunteer opportunities at Camp Odakoda:
1) Cabin Counselor: This role requires the volunteer to come to camp for 5 nights. The counselors arrive the evening before the campers to begin their camp training. The campers spend 4 nights and 5 days at camp. Cabin counselors are with the campers for the majority of the time they are at camp. There are break blocks built into the schedule for all counselors.
2) Day volunteer: For those who are not able to commit to a whole week, we have a day volunteer program. These volunteers arrive at 9:00 and stay until 3:00, or longer. They join in activities and help the cabin counselors. From about 1:00-3:00 the day volunteers help provide a break time for many of the counselors. This is a fun way to spend time getting to know the campers, staff, and the general program.
3) Special Skills: If you have a special skill or performance, we could always use your help! At camp we are always open to new and innovative programs. We have had guests such as The House of Reptiles, Evergreen Aviation rocket building, and more. Also, if you have a program or skill that you would like to share with our program, our activities director is always looking for ideas of things she can incorporate into our program. If you have specific activity questions, Misti Moxley is the camp director and you can email her at email@example.com
4) Special Skills: Science or art teacher- We are looking for someone who can plan and run the art or science program at camp. We have a stipend available for these program leaders.
5) Special Guests: We are in need of guests to come to camp and teach a class or present materials. We often have The Reptile Man, or other performance type activities. We have a stipend available for these types of programs. If you are a performer, or presenter, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
How to Volunteer
If you are interested in being a counselor at Camp Odakoda, please fill out the online Counselor Application and attach your resume and one letter of recommendation.
If you are interested in coming to camp as a day volunteer, please fill out the online Day Volunteer Application.
Carinn Godfrey oversees the counselor program and application process, and will be in touch once your information is complete. If you have questions, please email her at email@example.com. Thank you for considering being a counselor or volunteer at Camp Odakoda!